From the Desk of Dr. Kent

Get the lastest news on TMS therapy and find out what NuMe TMS is up to now.

Why am I Depressed?

Although this is a straightforward question, the answer is less so. There are many factors which cause someone to become depressed. There are situational and biological explanations. With the advances in science we now know that neurochemistry places an important role. For this reason many people will ask “how do I increase Serotonin.” With high rates of depression in the general population people are reaching out for a cure to depression.

Treatment for Depression

Treating depression with anti-depressants has become the norm. While anti depressants have been found to be helpful for some, it falls short of effectively treating at least a third of all patients with depression. One is left to wonder why this is? This has lead science to explore alternative treatments for depression. Is there a way to stimulate the brain to create an antidepressant effect? Something like a cranial electrotherapy stimulation type treatment. In 1985, Dr. Anthony Barker, PhD in London happened on to Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation or TMS. It just so happens that Dr. Mark George, MD was doing a fellowship in London in the same building and wondered if it could help depression. In 1993, Dr. George published the first double blind, placebo controlled trial showing that TMS was effective at treating depression. An explosion in research followed. TMS is now recognized as an established, safe and effective treatment for depression. TMS represents an alternative treatment to depression as opposed to medications and psychotherapy. TMS is not electroshock therapy or ECT. The mechanism of action and the application of treatments is entirely different. See my TMS vs ECT blog on this website for more details. TMS has evolved to include various technologies and manufacturers. Brainsway has developed the first patented novel device that treats not only depression, but OCD and potentially many other brain disorders such as PTSD, addictions, Parkinson’s disease and many others. They have developed what they call “deep TMS.” Brainsway pricing model allows for the cost of TMS to be highly competitive.

In my experience, Brainsway has been highly successful at treating patients with poor response to medications and psychotherapy (1/3 of all depressions). In my clinic 90% of patients with depression respond favorably and 2 out of 3 go into complete remission. This is astounding.

Why Does Deep TMS Work?

So why does TMS work where antidepressants don’t? The answer lies in the mechanism of action. TMS works on particular networks in the brain as opposed to broadly hitting neuroreceptors throughout the body. TMS uses a scalpel, not a shotgun. With Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, neurons are activated in key circuits in the brain, effectively waking up those areas that were more dormant in depression. The exciting part is that TMS may create more lasting effects even when treatment has stopped. Some patients can become medication free.

As a clinician it’s exciting to be able to embrace an alternative, safe and effective treatment for depression. TMS has revolutionized our understanding and treatment of not only depression but many other brain disorders as well (See “Why Brainsway Deep TMS”).

Posted by David Kent at 2/12/2018 3:22:00 PM

Comments (11)
HERBAL REMEDY
My husband was diagnosed of Parkinsons disease 2 years ago, when he was 49. He had a stooped posture, tremors, right arm does not move and also a pulsating feeling in his body. He was placed on Senemet for 8 months and then Siferol was introduced and replaced the Senemet, during this time span he was also diagnosed with dementia. He started having hallucinations, lost touch with reality. Suspecting it was the medication I took him off the Siferol (with the doctor?s knowledge) and started him on PD natural herbal formula we ordered from AKANNI HERBAL CENTRE, his symptoms totally declined over a 3 weeks use of the AKANNI HERBAL Parkinsons disease natural herbal formula. He is now almost 51 and doing very well, the disease is totally reversed!? (Visit www. akanniherbalcentre .com)
Posted by on 9/3/2020 5:23 PM
Parkinson's herbal formula
My husband was diagnosed of Parkinsons disease 2 years ago, when he was 59. He had a stooped posture, tremors, right arm does not move and also a pulsating feeling in his body. He was placed on Senemet for 8 months and then Siferol was introduced and replaced the Senemet, during this time span he was also diagnosed with dementia. He started having hallucinations, lost touch with reality. Suspecting it was the medication I took him off the Siferol (with the doctor?s knowledge) and started him on PD natural herbal formula we ordered from TREE OF LIFE HEALTH CLINIC, his symptoms totally declined over a 3 weeks use of the TREE OF LIFE HEALTH Parkinsons disease natural herbal formula. He is now almost 61 and doing very well, the disease is totally reversed!? (w w w treeoflifeherbalclinic .com)
Posted by on 5/19/2021 9:20 PM
Re:Why am I Depressed?
My sister is 61 years old and has been suffering from PD for the past 6years. Lately her condition started hallucinating and I did not know how to handle the situation. She could not sleep and tried to find and catch the imaginary people who she thinks are real, she had tremors for several years and was gradually becoming worse before we found PD herbal supplement from www .multivitamincare. org? that was able to get rid of her disease and alleviate all symptoms within the short period of her 15 weeks of usage.
Posted by on 10/15/2021 1:58 AM
ALS cure
"I was about to pay $9,000 USD for a stem cell therapy in Arizona because I just wanted this nightmare to be over. Before i did, my doctor told me to try w w w multivitamincare .org COPD/Emphysema herbal formula, that day I went home and ordered the herbal formula. The customer service people were amazing, first of all ,they answered all my questions and concerns (because i have never ordered anything online). When I was satisfied I placed the order. The package showed up quickly and my recovery started.? I was BLOWN AWAY by how effective the herbal formula was. Simply blown away!. Do yourself a favor and trust this product. It worked for me, it's worked for others, it could very well work for you.. my breath is back!"
Posted by on 11/29/2021 12:54 PM
Re:Why am I Depressed?
I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they start to find solution on their own to help my condition.I am an 59 now who was diagnose COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of?smoking. I started?smoking?in school when?smoking?was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but i was able to get rid of my Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?(?COPD?)?condition through the help of www. multivitamincare .org my husband bought, total cure herbal foundation has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and cure you totally with their natural organic herbs. I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life.
Posted by on 2/9/2022 9:21 AM
Mark Richard
Most people around the world do not believe there is a cure for Parkinson's disease and talk more of herbal cure. After my father was diagnosed with Parkinson's, all modes of medication including Amantadine, levodopa, and dopamine agonists couldn't help treat him until I came across an article online about Dr. Lorenzo and his herbal exploit in treating and curing Parkinson's. I contacted him regarding my father's situation and he assured me my father will be cured using his herbal medicine. We acquired his herbal medicine out of desperation to cure my father, lo and behold I started seeing positive results in my father just after 3 weeks, and what amazed me the most was that after 4 months of using these herbal medicines my father became completely cured and OK beyond my imagination after all necessary test confirmation. Believe it or not, I have seen it all there is an herbal cure for Parkinson's disease that is more potent than any western medication or treatment. If you have a loved one suffering from Parkinson's disease, I advise you to opt for herbal cure by contacting Dr. Lorenzo via email: dr.lorenzoballi@gmail.com you shall come here to testify just like me. I have passed the information for awareness.
Posted by on 2/16/2022 4:00 PM
PD CURE
I am a male aged 60.I was diagnosed with Parkinson"s at 57. I had some symptoms for a few years before diagnosis; stiff achy right arm and ankle, right hand tremor when typing, tiredness, body shivers, falls due to tripping. I was always active, bicycle riding to/from work daily and putting in 2 to 3,000 miles on my bicycle per year. During the 2022 pandemic I came across a herbal clinic on YouTube which caught my attention .I purchased the herbal products and used them for almost 5 month as they instructed. To my greatest surprise the herbal formula has successfully got rid of my Parkinson disease .They promise me total cure of my PD but did not believe because all my life i was told there is no cure for Parkinson diseases .Am a living proof that there a cure for Parkinson,many people are still suffering due to lack of information about this disease ,contact multivitamincare.org PD treatment.
Posted by on 2/21/2022 7:55 AM
Re:Why am I Depressed?
My childhood friend was diagnosed with early-onset Parkinson's disease at 68. His symptoms were shuffling of feet, slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of handwriting, horrible driving skills, and right arm held at a 45-degree angle. Things were tough for me, I too was diagnosed with COPD but now we are both finally free from these diseases with the help of MULTIVITAMIN?HERBAL CARE, He now walks properly and all symptoms have reversed. He had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult. Getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible he said. We had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot. The biggest help we had was www?multivitamincare?. org?. They walked us through the proper steps, I'm highly recommending this herbal formula to anyone who needs help.
Posted by on 4/6/2022 8:17 AM
Re:Why am I Depressed?
My sister is 61 years old and has been suffering from PD for the past 6years. Lately her condition started hallucinating and I did not know how to handle the situation. She could not sleep and tried to find and catch the imaginary people who she thinks are real, she had tremors for several years and was gradually becoming worse before we found PD herbal supplement from multivitamincare. org ? that was able to get rid of her disease and alleviate all symptoms within the short period of her 15 weeks of usage.
Posted by on 5/17/2022 2:43 PM
Re:Why am I Depressed?
I'm living proof that you can be cured from Parkinson?s disease, It was one year after experiencing my first Parkinson?s symptom, and not only had they returned, but they were worse. At this point, the doctor was pretty convinced it was Parkinson?s. Hearing those words did not sit well with me, and my wrath unleashed. I was cured naturally with the use of Dr Sims Gomez Herbal Formula
Posted by on 5/30/2022 2:45 PM
ALS cure
I was diagnosed in March 2017 but was running around from doctor to doctor before I finally get a result that I was free from MND ALS. Mine started on top and progressed to the bottom I could walk very little but needed assistance as I have no balance. It is sad all the time that we thought this disease has no cure with all the technology we have while there are some formulas?there that can relieve all symptoms and get rid of this of?Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). I?m passing this info to anyone at there because?www?multivitamincare org?has the right cure and caregiver for this disease ?.I took various supplements, medicine prescribed by a neurologist, massage, and physiotherapy still the disease was progressing very fast until the?ALS formula from that company.
Posted by on 6/21/2022 6:41 AM
Provide comments on this blog entry. If you have an account with this site please sign in.

Current Weblogs
There are no blogs in this Group.
Search